Please also see our Terms of Service
Data SharingWe may share the data we collect (as defined by the section on Data Collection) in various ways, including the following:
- In Aggregate Form: Blend-Exchange will disclose your personal information when legally permissible in aggregate or anonymized form so long as it cannot be reasonably used to identify you.
- As Required by Law: Any information held by Blend-Exchange will be disclosed to satisfy any particular law, legal process or governmental request.
- Third party providers: Blend-Exchange shares your personal data with third party providers as is required to provide the Blend-Exchange service.
- As required to operate the Blend-Exchange service Some of the data we collect is shared to various 3rd parties (who these parties are is specified below in the section on Data Collection for each kind of data we collect). This is done when required to provide the Blend-Exchange service's functionality.
Data CollectionBlend-Exchange collects and processes the following data:
Technical Data"Technical Data" is data that your device sends our servers or provides to our web page. This includes:
- IP Addresses
- HTTP-Header meta data. This is data that is sent along with a request to our server.
Shared/Uploaded DataThis includes all data provided when a blend file is uploaded. This includes:
- The contents of the blend file binary.
- The URL to the blender.stackexchange.com question.
- A reference to the current authenticated account (if the user is logged in).
User account data is all the data provided when creating an account. This includes:
- The username provided when registering. This is stored in a database without encryption. This information is publicly accessible without restriction. Once it has been made public, Blend-Exchange looses control over this data.
- The email provided when registering. This is stored in a database without encryption. This email is not publicly accessible, and will only be used to notify the user of the following:
- Updates/Events relating to the security of the Blend-Exchange service and the user's personal information.
- Responses to inquires made by the user via email. (Responses will be to the inquiring address)
- Notifications of termination/removal/modification of services. (Services may be terminated without notification). This is to help prevent any inconvenience for users.
- A hash of the password provided when registering. This is stored in a database without additional encryption.
- A set of references to .blend-files uploaded while authenticated with the account. This information is publicly accessible without restriction.
- In addition, an ID is created which can be linked back to the account. This information is publicly accessible without restriction.
Blend-Exchange uses the referring URL if provided to detect abuse of its services. Referring URLs are stored indefinitely and linked to a hashed version of the IP address that visited that page. They are compared to the provided question URLs for blends to detect if the links to blends are being shared outside blender.stackexchange (a possible sign of abuse).
Logged ActionsCertain User Actions (A specific web request or set of web requests that triggers a specfic action) are recorded in conjunction with linked techincal data. The following user actions are recorded:
- Login Attempts
- Registration Attempts
- Downloading a File
- Uploading a File
- Visiting a Page
Public ActionsIn addition to logged User Actions, the following User Action are recorded and information about them is made public in order to enable certain features of the service:
- "Favorting" a blend file (Performed by clicking the favorite button on a .blend files page). This action will change the publicly visible favorite tally for that blend file. This data is associated with an IP address. It is possible for 3rd parties to determine if an IP address has been used to favorite a .blend file. IP Addresses are used to ensure that users do not repeatedly "favorite" a .blend file.
- "Viewing" a blend file (Performed by visiting a .blend file's page). This action will change the publicly visible view tally for that blend file. This data is associated with an IP address.
- "Downloading" a blend file (Performed by downloading a .blend file from Blend-Exchange). This action will change the publicly visible download tally for that blend file. This data is associated with an IP address.
Data UseThe data Blend-Exchange collects is used to provide the Blend-Exchange service. Specifically, it is used to:
- Make the service function.
- Comply with regulations and laws.
- Contact you about the Blend-Exchange service as is required to serve you.
Data StorageAll data collected by Blend-Exchange is stored within the United States using the methods described in the previous section.
Controlling Your Data
Accessing Data Held by Blend-Exchange
The user profile includes links to the binary files uploaded. They can be downloaded from there in the original format in which they were uploaded. The provided password cannot be retrieved in any form due to security concerns. Other account details can be obtained in plain text from the user profile page. Please contact Blend-Exchange if assistance is needed.
Removal of Data Held by Blend-Exchange
If you need your data removed, please make contact. Blend-exchange will attempt to remove your data when the operator can allocate the sufficient time without undue inconvenience. Blend-Exchange may refuse to remove certain data if it is not legally obliged to remove that data.
Correction of Data Held by Blend-Exchange
To correct any personal data held by Blend-Exchange, please make contact. Your username, email and password can all be updated from your user account page.Blend-Exchange can be contacted via the following email address: email@example.com